Read these TIPS to reduce EMF Risk
Despite all the literature and studies available, many people are still unaware of the risks associated with exposure to the man-made EMFs (ElectroMagnetic Fields) and RFs (Radio Frequencies). As opposed to natural EMFs, these artificial EMFs are hazardous to our health by disrupting or distorting human energy patterns, thereby having a negative effect on our DNA. Some of the symptoms you may experience are headaches, fatigue, congestion, memory problems, sleep issues, muscle and joint pain, brain tumors, and other cancers.
Be aware that children and pets are more vulnerable to EMF risks.
Cell phones are the most obvious source of EMF risk to our health, but also hazardous are other wireless devices (cordless phones, ipads, modems, baby monitors) and electronics (desktop computers, televisions, microwave ovens, electric blankets and clocks).
Until the industry takes this matter seriously, consider implementing Dr. Mercola’s collection of TIPS below to minimize the risks associated with EMF and other dirty electricity:
- Don’t let your child use a cell phone. Barring a life-threatening emergency, children should not use a cell phone, or a wireless device of any type. Children are far more vulnerable to cell phone radiation than adults, because of their thinner skull bones.
- Keep your cell phone use to a minimum. Turn your cell phone off more often. Reserve it for emergencies or important matters. As long as your cell phone is on, it emits radiation intermittently, even when you are not actually making a call. Use a land line at home and at work.
- Reduce or eliminate your use of other wireless devices. Just as with cell phones, it is important to ask yourself whether or not you really need to use them every single time. If you must use a portable home phone, use the older kind that operates at 900 MHz. They are no safer during calls, but at least some of them do not broadcast constantly even when no call is being made. If the technology is labeled DECT, or digitally enhanced cordless technology: be very careful with the base station placement as that causes the bulk of the problem since it transmits signals 24/7, even when you aren’t talking. If you can keep the base station at least three rooms away from where you spend most of your time, and especially your bedroom, they may not be as damaging to your health. Ideally it would be helpful to turn off or disconnect your base station every night before you go to bed.
- Limit cell phone use to areas with excellent reception. The weaker the reception, the more power your phone must use to transmit, and the more power it uses, the more radiation it emits, and the deeper the dangerous radio waves penetrate into your body. Ideally, you should only use your phone with full bars and good reception.
- Avoid carrying your cell phone on your body, and do not sleep with it under your pillow or near your head. Ideally, put it in your purse or carrying bag. Placing a cell phone in your bra or in a shirt pocket over your heart is asking for trouble, as is placing it in a man’s pocket if he seeks to preserve his fertility.The most dangerous place to be, in terms of radiation exposure, is within about six inches of the emitting antenna. You do not want any part of your body within that area while the phone is on.
- Don’t assume one cell phone is safer than another. There’s no such thing as a “safe” cell phone.
- Respect others; many are highly sensitive to EMF. Some people who have become sensitive can feel the effects of others’ cell phones in the same room, even when it is on but not being used. If you are in a meeting, on public transportation, in a courtroom or other public places, such as a doctor’s office, keep your cell phone turned off out of consideration for the “secondhand radiation” effects.
- Use a well-shielded wired headset: Wired headsets will certainly allow you to keep the cell phone farther away from your body. However, if a wired headset is not well-shielded — and most of them are not — the wire itself can act as an antenna attracting and transmitting radiation directly to your brain. So make sure the wire used to transmit the signal to your ear is shielded. One of the best kinds of headsets use a combination of shielded wire and air-tube. These operate like a stethoscope, transmitting the sound to your head as an actual sound wave; although there are wires that still must be shielded, there is no wire that goes all the way up to your head.
Additional options to minimize your risks from dirty electricity (compiled by Paula Owens, M.S. for the Ahwatukee Foothill News)
- Avoid using laptop computers on your lap.
- Switch out compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs for incandescent light bulbs.
- Consider replacing Wi-Fi routers with Ethernet cables.
- Avoid electric water beds, blankets and heating pads.
- Remove electrical devices from your sleeping area. If you must use an electric alarm clock, keep it at least five inches from your body when sleeping. Or, opt for a battery-operated clock.
- Move power strips at least three inches away from your feet.
- Switch to flat-screen TVs and computer monitors as these emit less EMFs than the older styles.
- If you live in close vicinity to or underneath electrical wires, power lines or cell phone towers, you may want to consider moving.
- Stand three to four feet away from microwave ovens when in use [or stop using them altogether].
- Ask your electric utility provider to remove wireless smart meters and replace them with a wired smart meter.
- Walk barefoot on the sand, grass or dirt. This common practice known as earthing or grounding allows the healing negative ions from the ground to flow into our body and have been shown to reduce stress hormones and inflammation.
- Use 100 percent beeswax candles and Himalayan salt lamps in your home and office to absorb EMFs from the air. Salt lamps serve as natural room ionizers, emitting negative ions into the environment that effectively bind with all the excess positive ions, reducing EMFs, killing bacteria and purifying the air.”
- Consider shielding devices to reduce EMFs from cell phones, cordless phones and landline speaker phones.
Read the full article by Dr. Mercola, click here: EMF Controversy Exposed
Read his next article on Cell Phone Hazards
Choosing a Shielding Device
There are many EMF shields on the market. Some simply block a portion of the radiation, leaving the rest to move around the blocking device. Others absorb the radiation, but quickly become saturated and no longer function. The latest technology neutralizes or retunes these frequencies so they are no longer harmful to the body’s DNA: The Aulterra Neutralizer.
To read more about it click here: Aulterra EMF Shield
To order the economical 3pack Aulterra Neutralizer: call Laura Pfeffer 305-878-7612 or click purchase Aulterra 3pk
Read about the Health Risks of Wifi Exposure here.